6/25/14

vodka pizza + grilled veggies

vodka pizza   grilled veg

I’m warning you now – it’ impossible to eat just one slice. this pizza was so good. I got the recipe + all of the ingredients delivered to me from a service that I am newly obsessed with called plated. all I have to do is choose the meals I’d like off the weekly menu – they pack up everything I need (with some exceptions like salt + pepper) and on the day I choose delicious ingredients + recipes show up on my door step!  I joined up with plated to help get re-motivated and inspired in the kitchen and so far it has exceeded my expectations.

this pizza looked so delish that I immediately got to work making it for the lunch as I was unpacking the box. the kids weren’t too excited about it - just too many veggies for them - which is fine because that just means more for me. now I’ve got today's lunch, tonight’s dinner + tomorrow’s lunch ready to go. it does take a bit of effort to make this pizza but I’m telling you it’s totally worth it. not only could it be lunch or dinner – since it’s delicious and gorgeous you could absolutely serve this while entertaining guests!

vpizza ingre

gc-Edit 2

veggies:
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt + pepper
- a few basil leaves, chopped (top pizza at the end – after coming out of oven)

sauce:
- 1 tbps. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. vodka (optional)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt + pepper

other:
- pizza dough (homemade or just grab some from the grocery store – I find ours near the deli)
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled

- heat oven to 450. toss zucchini, pepper + onion with salt, pepper + one tbsp. olive oil. head grill pan over medium high and cook in single layer about 4 mins per side. when done – set aside. meanwhile make the sauce by heating 1 tbps. oil then add garlic + crushed red pepper flakes until fragrant. *optional* add in vodka + let it cook off. add crushed tomatoes and let sauce simmer about 10 minutes. add in the heavy cream – season with salt + pepper. set aside. sprinkle flour on clean/dry surface – roll out dough to shape of pan you’re using. *I used a rectangular baking sheet with parchment paper* move dough to pan – top with sauce – mozzarella cheese – veggies + goat cheese. bake pizza for about 10 minutes *I actually baked this pizza for 13 minutes* take it out + top with chopped basil. enjoy!

what veggies do you like to add to pizza?
if you have any questions about plated ask away + I’ll attempt to find any answers.. this was only my second box!

No comments:

Post a Comment