I’ve had fish tacos before but I’ve never made them at home. it’s been in the back of my head to make them forever and i’m kind of annoyed with myself for putting it off for so long.. but that’s why when I had the option to choose this fish taco recipe on plated last week I didn’t hesitate. it’s delicious + the color of the pickled veggies is gorgeous! I was a little nervous that the sriracha crema would be a bit too hot/spicy but it was perfect - these will absolutely be added to the meal rotation!
the recipe called for pickled radish + shallot. it said that you had to let the veggies sit for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 days in the fridge so 2 days before making these tacos I pickled the veggies. I put them into a mason jar - closed the lid + popped them into the fridge.
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
mix red wine vinegar + sugar together
slice radishes + shallots thinly.
*this is where you let the veggies sit for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 days in the fridge.
- 1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 1/2 lime, juice
- salt, to taste
- 12 oz tilapia, cooked + flaked
- 1 tbsp oil
- corn tortillas, warmed in oven (400 degrees)
- salt + pepper
- cilantro (optional: I left it off because I’m one of those people that hates cilantro)
- pickle veggies. heat oven to 400. make crema – mix sour cream, juice of half a lime + sriracha. rinse fish – pat dry – season both sides with salt + pepper. wrap tortillas in foil + place in pre-heated oven for 8-10 mins. over med-high heat 1 tbsp. oil then add the seasoned fish. cook about 4 mins. each side. flake the fish into bite sized pieces. drain the pickled veggies. assemble the tacos: fish – veggies – crema – cilantro (optional) and serve with lime wedges from remaining half of lime. serves 2 people 3 tacos.
do you have a favorite fish taco recipe?
still loving the plated service!! inspiration in the kitchen is at an all time high!